Hot and Sour Chicken Soup with Mushrooms
Serves: 3-4 persons
Cooking: 35 minutes
- 1 split cinnamon stick,
- 6 cups reduced or consommé chicken stock salt
- 1 tbs finely grated ginger, fresh ginger
- 2 star anise
- 1 stalk lemon grass chopped & bruised, white part only
- 2 small properly trimmed chicken fillets from breast
- olive oil with cooking spray
- 400 gm cup of sliced mushrooms
- 2 fresh limes, juiced
- 2 tbs of spicy fish sauce
- 4 thinly sliced green onions
- 1 thinly sliced red chilli
- 1 cup trimmed bean sprouts
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
Now, we will tell you how to cook delicious and tasty Hot and Sour Chicken Soup with Mushrooms
- First combine the star anise, fresh ginger, consommé or stock, lemongrass, chicken,& cinnamon in an adequate size large saucepan.
- Now, we will bring it to a simmer over medium heat. Also, we will reduce heat to low, & will cook for 15-20 minutes. Or until the chicken is properly cooked through.
- After this, we will transfer the chicken to a board where we will set it aside for next 5 minutes. After then we will shred it.
- During this time, we would need to heat a large non-stick frying pan. This will be done over high heat.
- Now most important part of the hot and sour chicken soup with mushrooms comes into play. Now, we will need to spray the mushrooms lightly with oil. And we will cook it in the hot pan in two batches, for 4-5 minutes. Till it all gets tender.
- After this we will strain the stock mixture, discard the solids and return stock back to the pan.
- Now we will be bringing it to boil. Where we will also be adding up the fish sauce, mushrooms, and the lime juice.
- Now we will divide the chicken between serving bowls appropriately.
- Now you can ladle over the stock, top it up with the green onions,bean sprouts, mint and chilli.
And now Hot and Sour Chicken Soup with Mushrooms dish is ready to be served. Have a happy dish 🙂