Almost everyone in the world has searched for “How to Stop Nail Biting Habit” once in their life. It is such a common phenomenon that it goes unnoticed by majority of people. It only comes into focus when one keeps bringing it up on to our face regularly. And this exactly why Good Healthy World has decided to discuss the causes of nail biting habit, impact of nail biting habit & how to stop nail biting habit.
Causes of Nail Biting Habit
Some of the common causes of nail biting includes the following:
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
- Psychological Condition e.g., OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) or ODD (Opposition Defiant Disorder).
Impact of Nail Biting Habit
Some of the adverse effects of nail biting habit are as followed:
- Teeth gets harmed.
- Gums gets infected.
- Skin starts bleeding around finger nails.
- Fingers become sore.
- Vulnerability to infections and diseases increases.
- Personality gets taunted and diffident.
How to Stop Nail Biting Habit
We expect that you have seriously searched for the query of “How to Stop Nail Biting Habit.” So we have come up with list of following ways to counter this bad habit:
- Use some sort of moisturizer on your finger nails that has a bitter taste.
- Always keep your nails short.
- It does not matter whether you are a male or female. Get a “Manicure” once a month. This will raise the nails beauty levels in your mind and you would be reluctant to bite them up.
- Do yoga and meditation whenever you feel you are going to get anxious.
- Get a rubber band around and put it on your wrist. Snap it whenever you feel the urge for nail biting.
- You can also try wearing gloves and self-adhesive bandages so that you won’t eat your finger nails.
Personal Request by Good Healthy World
If you think that we have contributed this “How to Stop Nail Biting Habit,” healthy and important blog-post for you or your family member – then please LIKE & SHARE US on to your social networks. For e.g., you can do that by liking our Facebook page mentioned here: Good Healthy World FB Page. This will mean a lot to us and we will always appreciate your kind gesture in this regard.